Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three Quarter- The Blog

In the grammar of photography, three quarter turn is a pose of an actor which embodies the urge of anonymity. Here even though the actor is being shot, though all of his facial characteristics are recorded in the pose, the angle seems to impose anonymity.It also characterizes a person to have turned away from the direct sight of the audience.

In our usual urban slang, we call a lower body clothing which is neither a full length pant nor a traditional short as a 'fourth'. This clothing symbolizes the comfort in being able to oppose formal social norm but still be within the boundary of decency.

In the sense of measurement, three quarter is just a few steps away from becoming one-the whole. Being half or to be in half way has its own sense of completion. But moving forward from the half way and staying in the mark of three quarter puts you in an unusual kind of mental state. Though you have accomplished much more than when you were in the half way mark, it still lacks the sense of completeness.

***

I have blogged for many years in Kannada, which is my mother tongue. Though blog is to be personal and informal, my self assumed 'writer' position made me to write with always having the reader in mind. If I visit back those writings, I can rarely find myself in them. This doesn't mean I disapprove of those writings, they had their own ambitions.

In this blog I intend to write about things I do, projects I am associated with, my observations of the outer world, my interests, the books I read, movies I watch and the people I meet.

I hope there will be something in these logs that you can associate with and cherish.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Three Quarter! .. nice name..

    I am astonished by your passion towards writing and huge capacity in it.

    3 cheers to this new blog..

    all the best..

    ReplyDelete