Friday, September 2, 2011

Break ke baad!


It’s been a long break. There were too many things happening. Finishing college, joining Saaranga Infotech, renting a house, organizing stuff in the house, preparing my own food...

I intend to give a new touch to this blog. I wish to make it more like an informal journal. I desperately want myself to break the habit of writing long passages about things that could be said in a sentence or two.

In the break after exams I collected most of the movies of Stanley Kubrick. However I could watch only a few. One of them was a short feature film spanning to about 15 min. It was about a professional boxer who clinically prepares for a boxing match. Kubrick’s love for details has its origins in this movie.

I also watched Dr.Strangelove, a satirical take in the cold war period, Full Metal Jacket about vietnam war.

Incidentally I came across another movie made about Vietnam war: Apocalypse Now. Made by Francis Ford Cappola. Cappola was inspired and influenced by Kubrick. He has paid tribute to kubrick by incorporating some of the music bits from kubrick’s movies. The cinematography of apocalypse now is artistic, will write about that movie in detail some time.

Read “Annana Nenapu” by Tejasvi. It was a refreshing second time read. I was drawn towards the photography hobby of Tejasvi and how he felt that it influenced him in writing. Had you read his karvalo and some short stories, you would never fail to notice the distance narrator maintains from the happenings even though he is part of it. Tejasvi gives photography the credit for this literary skill!

I have been cooking for myself as there are no decent hotels in the vicinity. Here is an illustration of where I started. The chapati I prepared today are definitely far better! All is in mixing the flour. You have to give a time gap of about ten minutes for the mixed flour to get soften. That was the trick I missed, got to know about it when I had gone home for Ganesh Chaturthi.     


No comments:

Post a Comment